Sr. Data Analytics Analyst, Compliance (US Remote Eligible)
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.The Senior
Data Analyst in Compliance is responsible for the design and
development of complex analytics methods and statistical models in
support of data driven strategies. The role requires the ability to
leverage data from multiple sources to develop innovative solutions
to business problems.
The ideal candidate must be able to work closely with business
partners and other technology teams to develop tailored analytic
solutions and be responsible for guiding projects from design
through implementation and final delivery to internal business
- Define data needs and evaluate data quality for applicability
to posed problems
- Use statistical modeling, machine learning and numerical
optimization to discover and leverage patterns in data using: Time
Series Analysis, Classification Algorithms, Clustering,
Regressions, Recommender Systems, Linear/Nonlinear Optimization,
Monte-Carlo simulation, text mining, natural language
- Create features and develop models beyond standard toolset
libraries to meet unique business challenges.
- Interpret and communicate findings and insights from the data
to business partnersData Wrangling:
- Transform, re-engineer, and extract data in relational and MPP
(Hadoop) data bases using appropriate tools including SQL, PLSQL,
Hive, Impala, Spark and PIG.
- Build out data sets that meet data requirements.
- Analysis that facilitates the transformation of complex
data/information into actionable insights. Includes advanced
financial analysis, forecasting, data modeling, statistical
analysis and complex financial modeling.
- Develop divisional and Firm-level measurements to influence
strategic direction.- BA Required with an emphasis in a business
discipline such as accounting, finance, economics, data science,
engineering, analytics (or relevant work experience).
- Masters Preferred
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- Advanced analysis skills, forecasting, and complex modeling.
Ability to understand and identify opportunities to apply the
different types of statistics and advanced analytical concepts.
- Ability to summarize complex financial and analytical information
and concepts and clearly communicate up to executive
- Advanced ability to effectively work with relational and
dimensional database architectures
- Prior use of a Hadoop environment preferred
- Strong analytical, critical, and systems thinking required
- Technical proficiency preferred in the following:
o An advanced ability to interact with various database and file
storage systems (DB2, IDMS, Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL)
o Data manipulation languages such as PLSQL, Impala/Spark, SQL,
Hive, Pig, XML
o Statistical in either, R, Python or SAS
o Microsoft Excel - experience using pivot tables, formulas,
o Business Intelligence such as Microstrategy, Business Objects,
o Visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, or Birst
- Decisions made based on analysis and recommendations provided
through this role generally have a moderate to high risk on Firm
- Decisions of moderate complexity and moderate impact (e.g.
sourcing pricing strategy development, analytical model
development, etc.) are made independently; more complex and
high-impact decisions generally made in consultation with
Span of Influence:
- The Analyst develops and performs high complexity financial
analysis with typically high financial impact.
- The Analyst works with leaders up to executive management,
providing analytical guidance to directly influence strategic
- While there are no direct supervisory responsibilities,
mentoring and training other associates on the team as well as
associates on project teams from other divisions is expected.
- To successfully influence decision making, this position
requires a deep understanding of how departments/divisions interact
with one another and impact firm operations and initiatives.
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE
100 Best Companies to Work For- list.
- From FORTUNE -2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified- organizations. Edward
Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in
2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also
was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE. Edward Jones does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.At
Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their
contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a
rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial
security and well-being. to learn more about our total compensation
approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes
benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this
role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills,
experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential
Salary: $89642 - $152634
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Belleville , Sr. Data Analytics Analyst, Compliance (US Remote Eligible), Professions , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!