Production Technician - Dipping
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Permobil we see ability. Our purpose is to make the lives of
people living with disabilities easier and more enriching.This
commitment drove our founders to pursue their dreams of providing a
better life for the physically challenged. It now drives us to push
the boundaries of design and technology in pursuit of innovations
that help improve the quality of life for our users.Thanks to this,
our solutions are known around the world as being best-in-class. As
a member of the Permobil operations team in our Belleville
facility, you make this happen. Your role is important in changing
somebody's life for the better, every day.Job Summary: Employees in
the Dipping area will work as part of a team to create all
neoprene-based products by stripping, poking, sorting, washing,
pre-dipping, and inspecting according to quality cleanliness
standards.Essential Functions and Duties:
- MAINTAINS EFFICIENCY OF DIPPING OPERATIONS BY:Switching out
mandrels during a rotational mandrel chance and placing them in
proper storage area; performing duties of leach line operator;
assisting with the draining, cleaning, and filling of tanks when
necessary.MAINTAINS QUALITY STANDARDS OF PRODUCT BY:Checking
mandrels and racks for foreign material, water, and pieces or
rubber at various points during dipping operations; scraping off
dried pre-dip runs on the back of the mandrels; removing
miscellaneous junk from production line; operating high-pressure
washer to ensure mandrels are free from excess rubber and
residue.MAINTAINS SAFE AND CLEAN WORK ENVIRONMENT BY:Performing
routine cleaning duties in all work areas; operating all machinery
in a safe and efficient manner; reporting any safety hazards to
assigned supervisor or safety manager; complying with all safety
and quality policies, practices and procedures;MAINTAIN QUALITY
SERVICE BY:Keeping error rates minimal and within acceptable
ranges; maintaining an efficient work pace; meeting and exceeding
all performance measurements: quantity, accuracy, timeliness, and
thoroughness of work performed.Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with some
- Ability to manage time effectively and complete work within a
- Ability to read and understand instructions and other
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and machines.
- Ability to identify and report issues.
- Proficiency in the English Language both written and oral.
- Basic math skills.
- Must maintain regular and predictable attendance.Level of
Education or Experience in Lieu of:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work Environment:
- Manufacturing environment.
- Indoor frequently.
- Outdoor rarely.
- Loud noise occasionally.
- Hot and Cool temperatures occasionally.
- Overtime as assigned.Physical Demands:
- Sit, stand, and walk up to 12 hours at a time.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and perform repetitive motion for
- Lifting and carrying 50 pounds or less.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and reaching.
- Handling and assembling small parts.Disclaimer: This job
description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties,
responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be
amended at any time at the sole discretion of Permobil.
Additionally, this job description does not constitute an
employment contract and Permobil may exercise its
employment-at-will rights at any time.
Keywords: Permobil, Belleville , Production Technician - Dipping, Professions , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!