EMT at St. Clair
Company: Wexford Health Sources, Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position: Emergency Medical Technician
Schedule: Full-Time (40 weekly hours) --2:00PM-10:30PM, Every other
Facility: St. Clair County Jail
Location: Belleville, IL
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the RN Administrator and others,
including but not limited to the Commander and Administrative
Lieutenant, and under the guidance of Registered Nurses and
Licensed Practical Nurses, the EMT provides basic to
intermediate-level emergency and non-emergency care to the ill and
injured, to include assessment of illness and/or injury, management
of such patients, and transfer of information.
The EMT must have excellent judgment, be able to prioritize tasks,
make triage decisions and act quickly in the best interest of the
patient. The EMT must be able to remain calm while working in
difficult and stressful situations and stay focused while carrying
out the functions of the position.
Under the supervision of a Physician, Registered Nurse, or Licensed
Practical Nurse, performs physical assessment and examination
including obtaining medical history and vital signs during medical
encounters and document findings in the medical record.
- Provide treatments and procedures according to physician orders
and EMT protocols.
- Assist with admission and discharge of infirmary care
- Provide screening and triage, according to written protocols,
for routine sick call and emergencies with referral to professional
staff for situations beyond EMT scope of their protocols.
- Participate in quality management committees and
- Perform basic life support provided the employee holds a
current American Heart Association certification.
- Documents encounters, patient response, complications, etc.,
ensures complete and accurate charting and communicates information
to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with
physician orders. Observes, records and reports symptoms,
reactions, and changes in the condition of all patients.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Assists physician as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approaches changes in a positive manner.
- Responds to radio traffic in a timely manner.
- Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Give (assist) with prescribed inhalers according to
- Administers oxygen via NRM or nasal cannula according to
- Administers Accuchecks for blood glucose levels.
- Follows established emergency protocols for administration of
glucose, epinephrine, sub-lingual nitro glycerin, ASA 325 mg for
cardiac events, silvadene and antibiotic ointment or Bacitracin for
prescribed dressing changes.
- Performs 12-lead EKG tests.
- Performs blood draws for ordered labs. (Must be certified for
phlebotomy or documented in-service training.)
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources and facility regulations as
appropriate, to include, but not limited to dress code,
schedule/time sheet/time clock procedures, safety and security
regulations, time and attendance guidelines, education and
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
LICENSING: Current EMT or Paramedic license in the state of
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited EMT or Paramedic training
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources, Inc., Belleville , EMT at St. Clair, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!