Personal Trainer/Fitness/Downtown Belleville/Part-Time
Company: YMCA of Greater St Louis
Posted on: August 3, 2022
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit,
charitable organization committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility. Under the direction of the Health and Wellness
Director this position's primary goal is to develop and implement
individualized approaches to exercise in healthy populations and
or/ those individuals with medical clearance to exercise in
accordance with the YMCA Health and Wellness Program Model.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In
the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities
with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are
open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are
genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are
hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst
in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to
develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we
are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning
with you.The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance
policy regarding child abuse.
* Promotes the YMCA's healthy spirit, mind and body philosophy
through individualized personal exercise prescriptions.
* Screen and interview potential clients to determine their
readiness for exercise and physical activity.
* Perform fitness tests or assessments (as appropriate) on clients
to determine their current level of fitness.
* Help clients set realistic goals and provide motivation for
adherence to the program.
* Ability to develop and deliver exercise prescriptions to all
* Demonstrate and instruct specific techniques to clients for the
safe and effective performance of various exercise movements by
applying the fundamental principles of exercise science.
* Supervise or "spot" (physically assisting clients with an
exercise that usually involves free weights or dumbbells to
minimize risk of injury) clients when they are performing exercise
* Maintains records of clients' progress or lack thereof with
respect to the exercise prescription
* Motivate individuals to begin and to continue healthy
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Mission Advancement
* Operational Effectiveness
* Personal Growth
Level of Qualifications/Certificates can vary and will be assessed
* High School diploma up to College Degree in Exercise Science or
related field preferred
* Minimum 6 months of experience, in the field or classroom, in
developing exercise prescriptions/exercise programming and
* Currently personal trainer certified with a NCCA (National
Commission for Certifying Agencies) that tests both theoretical
knowledge and performance
* Complete YMCA courses related to Health & Wellness as
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Physical Mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling,
bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for extended periods of
* Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer,
electronic equipment, exercise equipment, office equipment (fax,
copier, stapler, etc.), tools and machinery as needed.
* Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell,
touch, taste, see and distinguish colors.
* Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and
physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Keywords: YMCA of Greater St Louis, Belleville , Personal Trainer/Fitness/Downtown Belleville/Part-Time, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!