Company: TerraSource Global
Posted on: June 11, 2022
Job DescriptionSummary Responsible for performing and initiating
all activities in support of environmental health and safety
initiatives. New and existing employee safety training; ensuring
effective and efficient compliance with local, state and federal
regulations and agencies, managing facility safety process to
protect employees, company the environment, and provide a safe and
healthy workplace.Essential Job Functions
- Serve as the primary Safety advocate for the business.
- Continually improving, implementing, and maintain TSG's health,
safety and environmental processes to protect employees and comply
with company, state, federal and local regulations.
- Developing EHS goals and objectives as part of the annual
- Assuring associates are trained in health and safety policies
and best practices.
- Conducting inspections and identifying hazards and EHA
- Providing solutions and intervention strategies for hygiene,
health, and safety hazards.
- Monitoring operational processes and employee activities.
- Generating and evolving assessment documentation, incident and
accident reporting processes, and health and safety manuals.
- Reporting to management, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies as
prescribed by company policies and applicable laws.
- Maintain relevant EHS logs and documentation and preparing and
submitting health and safety compliance documents to the relevant
- Keeping abreast of the latest EHS trends, policies,
regulations, and best practices.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspections and audits
are completed as necessary.
- Oversee hazardous waste storage area, waste reduction
monitoring and ensure regulatory agency compliance, labeling,
containments, proper disposal and documentation.
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) baseline data and
availability and assure all new materials and supply orders to
include SDS to evaluate safety and regulatory factors.
- Conduct regular unannounced walk through of work areas and talk
to personnel to identify their concerns. Communicate safety and
health issues to the workers in a manner to help them understand
why they are important and addressing them is for their
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid
- Manage facility workplace incident investigations to include
responding to and reporting all incidents, incident investigations,
determine root cause, establishing recurrence prevention plans, and
follow through on all corrective and preventive actions.
- Recognize and reward input from employees that improve safety
health in the workplace.
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis. Provide solutions to safety and
health issues in a wide variety of areas.
- Demonstrate successful leadership and guidance of health,
safety management and interaction with all levels of
- Comprehensive understanding of Quality Management System,
environment, health and safety management practices, principles and
procedures.Education and Experience
- Two to three years or more years' experience in an
Environmental, Health and Safety capacity.
- Manufacturing environment required.
- CPR/FA/AED Certification a plus.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office applications and ERP
Keywords: TerraSource Global, Belleville , EHS Coordinator, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!