Information About this Position
- Evening Shift
- 4 Shifts per week
- 8 Hour Shifts
Company and Job Overview
Belleville is an acute care hospital offering medical
and surgical services plus critical and emergency care including
Children’s at Memorial for pediatric emergency care. It provides
patients a full complement of diagnostic and treatment services as
well as heart and vascular care. Memorial, offering medical and
surgical services plus critical care, is an accredited Chest Pain
Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care and
is designated as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by the Illinois
Department of Public Health. In addition, Memorial Belleville
recently was accredited by the American College of Radiology as a
designated Lung Cancer Screening Center.
it has been designated as a Magnet®-recognized organization for
nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing
The Certified Nurse Assistant is
responsible for providing direct patient/resident care and
assistance in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures,
regulations and nursing standards of care.
- Obtains vital signs and other measurements as directed and
documents findings promptly.
- Meets patient hygiene, comfort, nutrition, and hydration needs
and documents as required.
- Implements care under the supervision of the nurse.
- Recognizes and reports abnormal findings or changes in patient
status to the nurse throughout entire shift.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Nurse Assistant Certification
- <2 years
- Basic Cardiovascular Life Sup Certificaiton
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer