Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
BJC Medical Group
is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and
includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are
affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided
access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and
integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for
excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained
and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in
more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and
southern Illinois areas.
Provides direct patient care
activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning
implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the
standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing
environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage
their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs
and medication administration.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's
physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care
accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality
and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer