Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
BJC Medical Group
is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and
includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are
affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided
access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and
integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for
excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained
and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in
more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and
southern Illinois areas.
The Nurse Practitioner is an advanced
practice nurse who utilizes a high degree of knowledge, skill and
competence in a specialized patient care area. This position
assesses, diagnose, prescribes, initiates plan of care and
evaluates outcomes within the scope of a formal collaborative
practice agreement with physician(s).
- Participates in professional development
- Manages the health care of patient populations with compassion
through advanced health assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and
evaluation in a collaborative practice agreement with a physician.
Prescriptive responsibilities are reviewed by collaborative
- Coordinates the care of patient populations, in a collaborative
practice agreement with a physician, to ensure promotion of health
and wellness through education of patients and families,
coordination of services and placing referrals.
- Assesses development needs of staff and develops and delivers
appropriate educational programs to meet staff needs.
- Develops treatment plans, treats patients with acute problems
including illnesses and minor injuries following a predetermined
protocol in a collaborative practice agreement with a
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- <2 years experience
- Nurse Practitioner license
- Doctorate Degree in Nursing
- 2-5 years experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer