Company: Quantum Vision Centers
Posted on: October 2, 2021
Referral Coordinator Job
- Request, follow up, and maintain insurance referrals for all
QVC providers for all locations.
- Recommended initial referral request sent no later than 1 week
out and no earlier than 3 weeks out from appointment date.
- Document progress on all referrals to maintain communication
with front desk and billing staff.
- Educate staff and patients on referral process and changes
- Check and ensure that PCP and insurance is active and accurate
and make corrections and follow up as needed
- Maintain a positive working relationship with call center,
front desk, billing, and PCP staff.
- Receive and enter all faxes and emails received daily.
- Some faxes received are intended for other staff members and
must be forwarded in a timely manner.
- Remain up to date on referral requirements and share
information with all QVC staff.
- Answer phone calls as part of the billing queue and forward
issues as necessary.
- Document all forwarded issues on patient account.
- Collect and document patient payment correctly.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Assist in additional billing department tasks as needed by the
- Organize and maintain note requests for insurance
- 2 years of referral experience
- 3 years in medical billing and/or coding (preferred)
- Must be flexible with constant changes
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Keywords: Quantum Vision Centers, Belleville , Referral Coordinator, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!