Posted on: June 13, 2021
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, a national law firm, currently has a
full-time employment opportunity for a Legal Secretary to support
our St. Louis office. The position will be located in our
Belleville, IL office with occasional and as-needed presence in the
St. Louis office. We offer competitive compensation and an
excellent benefit package.
The Legal Secretary will provide comprehensive legal and
administrative support to a team of attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Types, edits and proofreads correspondence, memoranda,
pleadings, briefs and other documents. Transcribes from digital
- E-Files in State and Federal courts.
- Updates and maintains databases (i.e. e-mail lists, I-Create
info, client matter lists, tickler and matter lists).
- Opens, reads, and sorts all incoming mail. Opens new files,
checks conflicts of interest, and maintains all client and general
- Interacts with court, clients, visitors and firm personnel;
maintains professional appearance and attitude; maintains good
public relations and customer service with clients; and maintains
confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Schedules appointments, meetings and makes travel
- Maintains and manages attorney calendars, including court dates
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a legal secretary with
experience in defense litigation, personal injury and medical
malpractice, including trial/arbitration/mediation
- Knowledge of both Missouri and Illinois courts systems.
- Strong communications, interpersonal and customer service
- Ability to Interact effectively and professionally with
management, staff and external entities including clients of the
- Must have a typing speed of 65 words per minute.
- Proficient in and have knowledge of relevant software
applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and e-filing for State and
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and
have a high attention to detail.
As an EEO/AA employer, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not
discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran or
disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: Hinshaw, Belleville , Legal Secretary, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!