Meat Cutter Floater FT
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Meat Cutter (Floater) fills in at various stores to ensure
the store's meat department provides positive earnings and the
department operates at standards set by the company. The Meat
Cutter (Floater) delivers the highest level of customer service and
satisfaction, by trimming and preparing standard cuts of meat. The
Meat Cutter demonstrates excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills,
and commitment to the success of the team.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for traveling to multiple stores to fulfill meat
- While in an assigned store, assists the primary Meat Cutter and
Store Manager to achieve business metric goals. Additional
responsibilities include product ordering, merchandising,
productivity and maintaining control of shrink to meet company and
- Using knives and power equipment, cuts and/or packages
authorized beef, pork and poultry items according to Save-A-Lot
policies and procedures.
- Wraps, weighs and prices cuts of meat.
- Labels packages according to COOL, USDA and Save-A-Lot
- Ensures that displays and case signs are updated appropriately
and that meat is merchandised and presented to maximize sales. May
assist with product ordering.
- Maintains proper date rotation for dated and undated products
per Save-A-Lot policy, both in the display case and in the storage
- Prepares and places meat cuts and products in display counter
according to company policy & procedures so they will appear
attractive and appealing to the customers
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery, to maintain
cold chain and ensure meat quality.
- Ensures excellent sanitation and quality standards are met on a
daily basis and adhered to per Save-A-Lot policy.
- Responsible to follow and execute all SAVE-A-LOT policies and
procedures which includes but is not limited to: COOL, Food Safety,
Sanitation, Meat/Produce Scale operation, Mark Downs, Inventory
Processes, Meat POG's, Meat Cutter Resource Manual, Daily Manager
Signoff and Meat Cutting List.
- Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all
- Responsibilities may include other perishable and
non-perishable related duties necessary to maintain optimal store
Number of Associates Supervised: Directly 0
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of Save-A-Lot Meat Cutter Training
Program within 3 months
- Previous experience cutting meat including using hand tools and
power equipment, such as knives, slicers, grinders, cubing machine
and power saw preferred
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Must be dependable and flexible
- Must adhere to uniform dress code
Must possess the following leadership competencies:
Thought Leadership -Must be able to understand quickly, figure
things out and resolve issues
Results Leadership -Must have a good attitude about working,
demonstrate ability to accomplish goals and be able to work using
the best methods as shown by the store managers and satisfy
customers without fail.
People Leadership - Must respect and work well with manager,
co-workers, and customers. Share information and be willing to
Personal Leadership - Must follow all rules, policies and
possess the desire to learn new things every day.
- Most work is performed in a temperature controlled environment
with a standa
Keywords: Save-A-Lot, Belleville , Meat Cutter Floater FT, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!