Direct Support Professional
Company: Challenge Unlimited
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Were seeking someone who is wanting to make a difference in
someones life as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) at Challenge
Unlimited, Inc/Residential Options in Belleville, IL.
- New Competitive Pay Rate: $13.35 per hour + Full benefits!
- Shifts: Full-time/ Midnight/Flex
- Locations: Belleville, IL
No experience! No Problem! We provide all the PAID training
needed to provide the best care.
Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
need people in their lives who provide them with assistance and
instruction on completing tasks most people take for granted. The
people who provide this help and training are called Direct Support
Professionals, or DSPs. At Residential Options, our DSPs work in
residential settings helping our clients learn new skills, reach
life goals, and turn houses into homes.
- Train, supervise and assist Residents on completing Activity of
Daily Living (ADL) skills. Assist Residents by completing cleaning,
laundry, cooking, and administering proper dose and timing of
medications to Residents.
- Assist Residents with bathing, hygiene and toileting when a
Resident is not capable of completing independently. Perform tasks
necessary to maintain a safe living and working environment (i.e.
cleaning, shoveling walks, etc.)
- Provide active treatment services as outlined in each Residents
plan (IHP/ISP/ITP), and as assigned by the Residential Site Manager
- Ensure adherence to daily activity schedules.
- Daily document services provided, progress, behaviors and
incidents in the Resident files. Comply with MRO billing procedures
as indicated in Residents plan.
- Communicate individual Resident concerns and needs to the RSM.
Participate in IHP/ISP/ITP staffing and IDT meetings as requested
by the RSM. Communicate safety concerns to RSM.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience with people with developmental disabilities (DD) or
mental illness (MI) is helpful, but not required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver's
- CPR, 1st Aid, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) and DSP
training provided by the company must be successfully completed
within the first 4 months and annually thereafter to be certified
and maintain position.
- Able to use a computer
- Must pass state required CASAS literacy assessment prior to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Please email your resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf,
.html, or .ascii format to the address below. If you wish to
enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email
Keywords: Challenge Unlimited, Belleville , Direct Support Professional, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!