Assembly Operator - Manufacturing
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Profile Summary
To safely manufacture chemical products involving the ability to
follow and comply with defined procedures/regulatory requirements,
assemble and operate automated/semi-automated equipment while
following defined safety policies.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of
- Perform manufacturing and assembly of products in accordance to
written production records while observing appropriate safety
- Assist with production scheduling.
- Required to review and recommend change to technical
documentation, including batch records, WI's and SOP's.
- Operate semi-automated and automated manufacturing
- Weigh, measure, blend and check liquid and chemical raw
materials to assure batches manufactured contain proper materials
- Maintain proper production records to comply with requirements
(ISO 9001:2000, SOP's and Work Instructions).
- Properly operate chemical operating equipment, including
centrifuge systems, evaporation equipment, reactors, heating and
chilling systems, drying systems, transfer pumps, blenders/mixers
and conveying equipment with proficiency, including the cleaning
and upkeep of equipment.
- Understanding of advance chemical processes from start to
- Properly operate material monitoring devices, including pH
systems, refractometers and weighing systems, including
calibration, cleaning and upkeep.
- Properly use safety and environmental control systems,
including dust collection and scrubbing devices to ensure proper
operation, including cleaning and upkeep.
- Maintain equipment and rooms in proper operating condition by
following daily cleaning requirements.
- Perform activities in controlled environment, while assuring
the use of appropriate PPE equipment.
- Perform in-process testing to assure batches meet
- Train associates and evaluate progress on operation of
equipment and chemical processes, including safety procedures and
proper handling of materials.
- Provide leadership and good work ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and
- High school diploma required; Associate's degree in a life
science or engineering discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in a cGMP manufacturing
environment, along with general understanding of semi-automated
and/or automated equipment is preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the
- Knowledge of computer applications is desirable
- Ability to evaluate internal customer needs, and respond with
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne
particles, dust or gases. The employee is occasionally exposed to
toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
Required to stand and walk for a large part of the working day.
Physical requirements include talking, hearing, bending/stooping,
squatting, reaching above shoulder height, crouching, kneeling,
balancing and pushing/pulling. Also requires some
lifting/carrying/pushing or pulling up to 50 pounds with or without
assistance. Use of both hands for repetitive actions such as
grasping and manipulating. Specific vision abilities include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at
TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of
your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on
and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Keywords: Avantor, Belleville , Assembly Operator - Manufacturing, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!