WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Commercial Team Lead is responsible for managing and
maintaining borrowing relationships. This position is responsible
for the development of new and existing business through calling
programs and cross-selling of Bank services. Maintaining loan
quality and generating fee income are also key areas of
responsibility. The Commercial Team Lead approves loans within
his/her authority and is responsible for presenting loans for
approval at various committees. In addition, the Commercial Team
Lead is responsible for managing his/her current loan portfolio.
This position will report to the Market President.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Generate revenue at 20/10/10 - Level II
- Analyze and interpret numerical data
- Analyze and solve problems of a complex nature and make
decisions based on a wide knowledge of many factors where
application of advanced technical concepts is required for which
there are not precedents
- Make independent and difficult decisions within parameters of
the Bank's loan policies
- Originate new procedures and approaches to problems
- Perform duties under frequent time pressures
Additionally, a Relationship Manager will be responsible
- Developing new business and prospects and generate business
loans through referrals, business calls, and community
- Analyzing customers' financial data, structure and negotiate
credit transactions, and perform ongoing credit management.
- Servicing existing customer relationships to maximize
- Pursuing repayment of loans and contact customers whose loans
are past due or have overdrawn accounts.
- Responsible for early detection of problem loans and generation
of reports for management of weak and criticized loans.
- Assist other lines of business with business development.
Where applicable, the Commercial Market President may determine
a Team Lead designation for a Relationship Manager II. Team Lead
duties may include:
- Serving as a resource to associates
- Act as a trainer/coach
WHY IT MATTERS
The Commercial Relationship Manager is the largest revenue
generator for Busey Bank. Through a dynamic, customer-centric
model, the Relationship Manager continues to be a critical role in
cross-selling Bank services.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Requires Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting or
Requires 2 or more years of banking, finance, or sales related
Six months or more credit analysis experience required.
Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office.
A successful Relationship Manager will also have the
- Customer Service - Adheres to The Busey Promise service
standards set by Service Excellence in order to anticipate and
exceed the needs of our customers, both internal and external.
- Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills - Skilled in
job-specific knowledge that is necessary to provide the appropriate
quantity and quality of work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accountability - Work behaviors demonstrate responsible
personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall
goals and objectives of Busey.
- Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) - Interacts effectively with
others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
- Sales Focus - Providing added value and needs based solutions
- Oral Communication - Communicating ideas and information
verbally to ensure that information and messages are understood and
have the desired impact.
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates
is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit,
develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex
(including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including
gender identity and expression), marital status, military status,
veterans status, citizenship status, disability, order of
protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
or other non-merit based factors.