Company: YMCA of Greater St Louis
Posted on: May 31, 2021
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit,
charitable organization committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility. The incumbent is responsible for assisting with the
overall program, supervision of youth and day-to-day operation of
the assigned program.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture.
In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities
with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are
open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are
genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are
hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst
in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to
develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we
are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning
with you. The Gateway Region YMCA strictly follows a zero tolerance
policy regarding child abuse.
- Provide a safe and high quality experience to the
- Lead youth in educational, recreational, or social activities
according to the program goals.
- Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people,
including staff, youth, volunteers and program site administration,
demonstrating strong public relations.
- Ensure YMCA policies and guidelines are followed at all
- Provide safe conditions for the children and refrain from
engaging in activities that may be hazardous or negligent to the
well-being of the children.
- Supervise youth at all times and be responsible for assertive
- Responsible for all aspects of customer service - including
greeting parents, handling questions and staying informed on
- Ensure the individual needs of youth are met for proper
coordination of the program.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Mission Advancement
- Operational Effectiveness
- Personal Growth
PROGRAM SPECIFIC DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must have 1 year experience working with infants, toddlers,
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- One year of experience working with infants, toddlers, and
- If position is to host in an Aquatics capacity, must be a
trained and active member of the Aquatics staff
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- One year of experience working with school age children
- Assist members, volunteers, and staff
- Maintain towel service and lost/found
- Operate computer system for data management
- Follow and enforce all gym rules and schedules
- Monitor rotation of participants
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time
and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be
able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Keywords: YMCA of Greater St Louis, Belleville , Fitness Attendant, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!