Company: BRIA of Belleville
Posted on: May 31, 2021
BRIA of Belleville -
Allows for temporary certification in an emergency nurse aide
capacity but will not result in permanent nurse aide status and
will not result in inclusion on the Nurse Aide Registry.
- Must complete the initial 16-hour essential training
curriculum. This is required to be completed prior to direct
- As this is a temporary nurse aide certification, you will not
be able to continue working as a Nurse Aide when the pandemic
emergency is over.
- When the pandemic emergency is over, you may be able to be
employed at state-regulated facilities such as an assisted living
facility, community-based residential facilities, etc. that do not
require nurse aide certification.
- You will not be included on the Illinois Nurse Aide
These are temporary nurse aides, who will not be employed as
nurse aides beyond pandemic, and will not be included on the Nurse
Aide Registry. This path provides immediate assistance/relief for
employment purposes during pandemic emergency.
Temporary nurse aides limited training (16-hour
initial training) alternative to nurse aide
- The 8-hour classroom education component may be satisfied by
successful completion of the American Health Care Association
online training program that is located on its website at
https://educate.ahcancal.org/products/temporary-nurse-aide and the
training videos at
instructors/performance-skills-videos/. The training must be taken
in the facility and proctored.
- The 8-hour on-the-job training component requires that
- training program instructors are responsible for assuring that
their TNA students are competent to perform the performance skills
listed on the clinical skills checklist (attached),
- successful performance of the skills by the students must be
- supervising nurses must be informed of the skills that each
temporary nursing assistant is allowed to perform.
- The skills videos online at
instructors/performance-skills-videos/ may be used as supplemental
Facility responsibilities related to Temporary Nurse
- The facility must notify its certified and licensed staff
members that TNAs have a limited scope of work, and this
notification must detail what duties can be delegated to the
- If a facility learns that a TNA is performing work outside of
the scope of this training, the TNA must be stopped, corrected, and
the work assigned to the appropriate personnel.
- TNAs will report to the facilitys charge nurse or nursing
supervisor and may be assigned appropriate tasks by the supervising
- The Health Care Worker Background check applies to this
- Persons in this position must be included on the Health Care
- This position is only authorized for the duration of the
Governors COVID Disaster Proclamation, after which time facilities
are required to transition to certified staff only (Certified
- TNAs are not eligible to take the Certified Nursing Assistant
competency exam and will not be employed as an aide after the
Keywords: BRIA of Belleville, Belleville , Universal Worker, Other , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!