Sr. Java Software Engineer /Technical Consultant - US Remote Eligible
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.Edward
Jones is looking for a Technical Consultant in the Client
Interactions product space. This role will be responsible for the
development of an industry leading suite of Compliance tools
leveraged to supervise a host of supervisory systems that monitor
the activity of our Branch Teams including 17,000+ Financial
Advisors. The team provides technology leadership, development,
support, enhancements, and projects for the Compliance & Field
- Duties include providing high-quality solutions by coding,
testing, debugging, documenting and maintaining programs.
Developing and modifying complex information systems involving most
phases of systems analysis and development.
- Analyze, code, test and document programs and
- Research requirements to determine system feasibility, costs,
benefits, and functional requirements.
- Conduct code walkthroughs to assure quality of programs
developed by other associates.
- Provide product support.
- Mentor less-experienced developers.
What projects you'll have an immediate impact on -
- Next Generation Supervisory System Portfolio: Hadoop, Spark,
Kafka, Rules Engine Integrations, Docker, Containers, Kubernetes,
Microservices, Data Analytics, Visualization Tools, & GIT.
- Regulatory Projects utilizing the following technology: Java,
JEE, JSP, Spring, Spring Boot (Microservices), Rest Services,
- Modernizing our Legacy Platform: Java Servlets, ETL,
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
Systems, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Open System development skills such as Java, JEE, JSP, Spring,
XML are required. Strong experience with API development Experience
with API gateways and patterns. Working knowledge with Mulesoft is
preferred. Good understanding with Micro Service ArchitectureUI
Development experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following technologies
- A minimum of 7 years of Java development experience along with
good analysis and trouble-shooting skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic direction and
technical leadership to ensure product objectives are aligned with
the objectives of the firm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to design, develop, test, document and implement
quality software within targeted timeframes.
- Experience or training in the AGILE project management
- Knowledge of financial services industry is a plus.
- Persons requiring sponsorship for an employment visa are
ineligible for this position.
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE
100 Best Companies to Work For- list.
- From FORTUNE -2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified- organizations. Edward
Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in
2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also
was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE. Edward Jones does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.At
Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their
contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a
rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial
security and well-being. to learn more about our total compensation
approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes
benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this
role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills,
experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential
Salary: $89642 - $152634
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Belleville , Sr. Java Software Engineer /Technical Consultant - US Remote Eligible, IT / Software / Systems , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!