Company: BRIA of Belleville
Posted on: November 26, 2022
BRIA of Belleville - Basic Function
To be responsible for volume preparation of foods and to provide
nutritional meals by preparing and serving meals in an attractive
manner, and to maintain a high standard of sanitation and
1. Prepare, season and cook meat, fish, fowl, vegetables, soups,
desserts, modified diet foods and casserole dishes according to
2. Prepare all food in sufficient quantities to cover all service
3. Time preparation to meet service schedules.
4. Estimate food requirements, utilize leftovers.
5. Present food in attractive and palatable manner.
6. Handle, store and refrigerate food in proper manner.
7. Standardize recipes and determine number of portion needed for
8. Requisition daily food and supplies.
9. Supervise and instruct kitchen workers regarding food
preparation and cleaning.
10. Clean work area and equipment.
11. Submit requisitions for maintenance of kitchen equipment.
12. Confer with managers and dietitian regarding total kitchen
13. Follow all policies and procedures of the Dietary
14. Adhere to all Federal/State regulations/guidelines and facility
and department safety policies and procedures.
- Experience in quantity food preparation in a residential or
health care facility.
- Must be able to supervise and direct others.
- No records for abuse, neglect or mistreatment or for
misappropriation of property.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior supervisory experience desirable.
- Basic Math skills when adjusting recipes, which included
measuring and scaling.
- Ability to read, write and make simple calculations and follow
oral and written directions.
- Ability to cook variety of food in large quantities and be
familiar with required seasonings and cooking time.
- Ability to prepare and serve modified diet menus.
- Has a pleasant manner and high degree of grooming and
- Must be able to work well with others and maintain harmonious
- Emotional stability: must be able to deal effectively with
stress created by sick residents, multiple tasks, meeting meal
schedules, noises, interruptions, and work cooperatively as part of
the health care team while maintaining a pleasant
- Knowledge of principles and requirements of sanitation and
safety in handling food and equipment
- Knowledge of operation and care of large quantity food
- Ability to direct and instruct other kitchen help in job tasks
and work cooperatively with Supervisors.
- Works in well lighted but hot, humid and noisy area.
- Subject to interruptions.
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and
federal agency personnel and residents.
- Occasionally subject to hostile, emotionally upset
- Frequent exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Provided with necessary protective equipment and
- Frequent change between hot and cold work areas.
Come Join the BRIA Family!
Keywords: BRIA of Belleville, Belleville , Dietary Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!