Company: Viking River Cruises
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world's leading small ship travel
company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great
lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused
experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250
awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1
Ocean Cruise Line by Cond-- Nast Traveler in the publication's 2021
Readers' Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and
fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated
Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious
ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi .
Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart
of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you
will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that
stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a
Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides
up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses
covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel
to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to
save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality
positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a
close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form
lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training
from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge
and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for
advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey,
Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Pastry Cook oversees standard pastry preparations including
creams, sponge cakes, basic dough's, fillings; ice-cream, etc.,
ensuring that quality standards and procedures are in line with the
Company's Rules & Regulations and STAR Service Standards.
- You are required to have basic professional pastry skills.
- It is your responsibility to ensure safe, quality pastry
production, to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to
ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will
increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- Prepare pastry goods such as sponge cakes, basic dough's, cream,
fillings, etc.; hold basic professional baking/pastry skills.
- Ensure that menus, recipes, guidelines and methods provided by
the relevant supervisor are followed accordingly; maintain the
expected level of food quality in the area of responsibility, as
per the relevant Supervisor's instructions.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in any section assigned by the
Executive Pastry Chef - the section can change at any given time
for training purposes and/or in convenience to the operation.
- Ensure economical work practices and control food production to
minimize and/or avoid wastage.
- Ensure that food preparations/storage are in line with all Public
Health Policies and Company
Regulations and enforce & maintain "clean as you go" work
- Minimize equipment loss/damage, and maintain immaculate
cleanliness standards in relevant areas, by applying safe working
policies and procedures according to all Public Health Policies and
ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and returned accordingly,
after each use.
- Separate & remove garbage and place it in designated containers;
clean garbage as often as needed, ensuring those separation
procedures and all Public Health Standards are maintained.
--- Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are
prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- Participate in "The Daily Reunion" every day to understand your
team's operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to
Viking's STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard.
Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying
with Viking's Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and
protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to
prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different
times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do
attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore
excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and
objectives (quality and financial) for the Culinary Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can
operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety &
Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard
training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises
as required by the company.
- This document describes the primary activities, duties and
responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may
assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
Keywords: Viking River Cruises, Belleville , Cook Pastry, Hospitality & Tourism , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!