Nurse Pratitioner (PNP) - Pediatric (RN #)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) job in Bellevue, Illinois.
The job is a civilian position within the military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- No on-call/call-back
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) Job Overview:
- Performs procedures and prescribes pediatric treatment and medications based on assessment results and standards of care within the scope of practice of a pediatric nurse practitioner as defined by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP).
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases and injuries of newborns, infants, children and adolescents through age 17 years. Identifies and manages specific pediatric illnesses.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and clinical records of newborns, infants, children and adolescents through age 17 years. Secures a health and developmental history from the patient or parent; records findings and makes critical evaluation.
- Examines patients, determines need for radiological examinations and clinical laboratory tests, and interprets examinations findings and test results. Also, performs or requests special screening and developmental tests and interprets the results.
- Evaluates total health care needs of patients and develops plan to meet these needs. Teaches patients and family member's different ways to maintain or improve their health status.
- Provides healthcare and preventative services to pediatric patients and their family members, including age specific anticipatory guidance in growth and development, nutrition, common illnesses, safety, and discipline.
- Evaluates clinical practice and collaborates with health care team members as the Primary Care Manager to improve patient delivery for an empanelment of pediatric patients.
- Performs complete physical examinations of children and babies to assess development and/or health problems.
- Plans and carries out appropriate treatments, initiating and modifying selected therapies. Prescribes and administers medications authorized by protocol or physicians.
- As necessary, refers patients and parents to physicians or other hospital departments, or to social welfare agencies.
- Counsels and instructs parents in person and over telephone on children's health problems, nutritional needs, child rearing, development, discipline, immunizations, etc.
- Directs and instructs students and paraprofessionals assigned to the clinic.
- Performs virtual telephone triage during hours of operation. Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) Job Qualifications
- Basic Life Support
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing that is recognized by ACEN or CCNE
- Minimum of 24 months of experience within the last 36 months as a full-time PNP
- Current certification by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse. Any U.S. state.
- Computer competency (Microsoft applications, Outlook, computer operations, et al) Position contingent on contract award with an anticipated late Spring start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keyphrases: pediatrics jobs, pediatric oncologist jobs, pediatric wound care jobs, urology pediatrics jobs, pediatric interventional cardiology jobs, pediatric emergency medicine jobs, pediatric gynecology jobs, pediatric oncology jobs, pediatric infectious disease specialist jobs, pediatric medical assistant jobs, pediatrician jobs, internal medicine pediatrics jobs, neonatal pediatric specialist jobs, pediatric nephrology jobs, pediatric nephrologist jobs, pediatric neurology jobs, pediatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Belleville , Nurse Pratitioner (PNP) - Pediatric (RN #), Healthcare , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!