Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Belleville, Illinois. This and other chiropractor jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Chiropractic Assistant job in Saint Louis, Missouri. The Chiropractic Assistant job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services. Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-FridayDays onlyFantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Dedication Program Manager to support your employment Chiropractic Assistant Job Overview:
- Performs patient check in and check out, appointment scheduling, cancellation and rescheduling to include patient registration either on the phone or in person.
- Determines patient eligibility for care and refers patient appropriately.
- Performs medical record review to search for previous relevant test results and referrals related to chiropractic care.
- Maintains files and records according to regulation.
- Builds provider(s) schedule(s), and modifies as necessary, to include creating, deleting and modifying appointments.
- Stocks and orders clinic supplies to include office and medical supplies
- Interacts with various members of the patient care team and coordinates patient care with other clinics both internal and external to the MTF to include radiographic testing and procedures that may be accomplished through the managed care support contractor
- Maintains treatment areas and exam rooms according to established standards and regulations, to include cleaning and preparing rooms in between patients.
- Maintains all clinic equipment according to manufacturer's instructions and regulation
- Coordinates maintenance and repair as needed.
- Escorts patients to treatment areas and exam rooms, instructs patients as directed by the provider, takes vital signs as directed.
- Provides therapeutic interventions to include: ultrasound, electrical stimulation, vibrator massage, heat, cold, diathermy, transverse friction massage, trigger point therapy, and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) stretches according to provider orders and established protocols.
- Provides patient care instructions at the direction of the provider and established protocols
- Documents patient history, reported subjective symptoms, care interventions provided, response to interventions, observations, and patient education in the electronic health record as directed by the provider and according to established protocols.
- Reports any abnormalities to the provider immediately.
- Distributes and collects patient satisfaction surveys as directed.
- Participate and track process improvement activities as directed.
- Administer complex, specialized supportive physiotherapy treatment in areas such as ultrasound, electrotherapy, and therapeutic hot/cold and therapeutic exercise in support of chiropractic treatments in the clinic in a safe and medically accepted manner as directed by the supervisor.
- Instruct and supervise patient exercise programs.
- Report unusual patient treatment response or hazardous or malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor immediately. Chiropractic Assistant Job Qualifications:
BLSCertificateLicensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a chiropractic assistant if required by the state of Illinois
- Possess formal training and certification through The Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Board as a Certified Chiropractic Clinical Assistantor
- is a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)If not an LPN/LVN, applicant may be in the process of obtaining certification if the minimal experience requirement has been met. Non LPN/LVN applicant must complete certification within three (3) months of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Chiropractic Assistant within the last three (3) years, or have a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience with orthopedic/osteopathic clinical experience either in the inpatient or outpatient setting within the last three (3) years. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Belleville , Chiropractic Assistant, Healthcare , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!