Logistics Specialist - Pharmacy Technician
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Position Summary: As a logistics pharmacy specialist, you will
be responsible for overseeing all logistics process including
shipping and delivery, organizing communication, and preparing
medications for patient consumption under the general supervision
of a licensed pharmacist, in accordance with standard departmental
procedures. Additionally, you will provide excellent customer
service and quality of service to all patients and customers.
Qualities needed for Logistics Specialist: * Ability to make
oneself available to supervise operations, while completing his/her
regular tasks as a Production Technician
* Technological skills familiarity with various technological
skills highly recommended
* Interpersonal communication and staff training skills
* Highly organized and efficient
* Ability to identify and resolve problems
* Ability to second-guess processes
* Works independently and quietly to ensure distractions do not
result in medication errors Essential Duties include the following:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not
to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be
required and assigned. * Performs duties assigned by a licensed
pharmacist. Areas of work are checked routinely for maintenance of
quality control. Work is conducted in accordance with generally
accepted standards of practice following departmental procedures
and policies as outlined in the department operations manual.
* Using a computer program, prepares medications for various forms
of delivery (courier, UPS, FedEx, USPS). Ensures the right package
is delivered to the right patient at all times.
* Demonstrates competence in the area of regulatory compliance and
ensures that the property stays in regulatory compliance with all
* Reads and interprets physicians orders received in the pharmacy
and transcribes the information into the pharmacy computer
medication profile. Requires knowledge to adjust dosing times as
pharmacy will generate MARs; prepares unit doses; and labels
individual patient envelopes for dispensing to the nursing
* Fills individual patient drug orders working from a medication
fill list; records doses for credit or charge; acknowledges filling
of cassette by initialing work done.
* Performs narcotic medication preparation; ensures that records
are kept accurate. Ensures pharmacists are aware of any returns, so
they are processed accordingly.
* Prepares in accordance with standards of pharmacy practice
compounds for outpatient use (e.g., creams, ointments) under direct
* Using a computer program, prepackages medications, which are not
available in unit dosing, using automatic prepackaging and label
machine. Keeps appropriate records for recall purpose.
* Attends and participates in pharmacy staff meetings to exchange
ideas to achieve goals of the department.
* Keeps procedures up-to-date in pharmacy manuals to train new
personnel and to have quick reference to specific jobs so they are
performed according to the policies of the department.
* Assists pharmacy staff with billing by using appropriate computer
function, reason codes and dates for charging and crediting.
* Assists pharmacy staff with checking in orders, putting orders
away and filing associated paperwork.
* Continues to educate by attending drug in-services and keeping up
with policy changes. Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. *
Associate degree or degree from technical program, OR High school
diploma and 1-2 years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician, or
* Certificate from pharmacy technical training program, junior
college graduate or State certification as Pharmacy Technician
* Ethical Conduct.
* Possess the technical skills and abilities to perform and provide
top notch service.
* Thoroughness & detail oriented
* Must be willing/able to work in rotating shifts which include
weekends and holidays, and work during inclement weather will be
* Great communication and interpersonal skills required along with
the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the
best care possible
* Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to
be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill in
* Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service,
hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents,
visitors, employees and the overall facility Computer Skills:
Proficiency in Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Fire Fox),
as well as Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, Word and
Publisher applications Work Environment & Physical Demands This job
operates in a health care setting. This position requires frequent
standing and walking to storage shelves and filling counters to
fill prescriptions. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job: * While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear.
* The ability to see distinctions in colors and shapes is also
* This position is moderately active and requires standing and
walking for the duration of the shift, as well as the ability to
lift/move objects weighing up to 50lbs.
* Additional physical requirements include:
* Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long
periods without getting tired.
* Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
* Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
* Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
* Move two or more limbs together while remaining in place.
* Determine the distance between objects. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. This employer is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act,
the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees
and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the
Keywords: Peopable, Belleville , Logistics Specialist - Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!