Posted on: June 24, 2022
TalentBridge is currently seeking a talented medical coder for a
large medical client headquartered in St. Louis, MO. - The coder
would be coding for an optical brand located in Belleville, IL.
-Position Summary:Position responsible for reviewing medical record
documentation to determine appropriate billing code for physician
charges and injectable drug charges. Accurately entering physician
charges in an efficient and timely manner.Primary Duties and
- Enter charges daily for all physicians ensuring accurate
- Codes evaluation and management to appropriate CPT code and
codes diagnosis to appropriate ICD-10 code
- Ensure all prior day's charges have been accurately prepared
and ready to bill insurance in a timely manner.
- Verification of correct injectable drug charges by
documentation review - reporting any discrepancies to Billing
Manager in a timely manner.
- Edit previously submitted charges as needed due to identified
billing errors and/or insurance requirement changes.
- Answer incoming calls from patients, front desk staff and
clinical staff as needed assisting in what may be necessary to
satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Other duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of CPT coding and ICD10
coding as it relates to ophthalmology medical services.
- Understands the utilization of modifiers and other coding rules
to include the AMA and other coding organizations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and consistent application of
medical documentation requirements.
- Minimum 2 years hands on coding experience within a physician's
office and/or successful completion of secondary education in
medical coding/billing or medical administration, or ophthalmology
- Ability to follow policies and procedures for compliance,
medical billing and coding.
- Ability to type and enter data with proficiency and
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while
paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to successfully meet demanding timelines
- Ability to operate essential office equipment, including
multi-line phone, computer, fax machine, scanner and photocopy
- Ability to work over time when applicable
- High School diploma is required.
Keywords: TalentBridge, Belleville , Medical Coder, Healthcare , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!