Assistant Nurse Manager Surgery
Company: BJC HealthCare
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Information About this Position
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible
- Benefits Eligible
- Surgery Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Company and Job Overview
Memorial Hospital Belleville is an acute care hospital offering
medical and surgical services plus critical and emergency care
including Children's at Memorial for pediatric emergency care. It
provides patients a full complement of diagnostic and treatment
services as well as heart and vascular care. Memorial, offering
medical and surgical services plus critical care, is an accredited
Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient
Care and is designated as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by the
Illinois Department of Public Health. In addition, Memorial
Belleville recently was accredited by the American College of
Radiology as a designated Lung Cancer Screening Center. Since 2008,
it has been designated as a Magnet---recognized organization for
nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Memorial Hospital Shiloh, a 94-bed, all-private suite hospital was
recognized with Magnet status in 2018 and provides emergency care,
labor & delivery, nursery, medical and surgical services plus
Role PurposeCoordinates patient care, personnel management,
maintenance of equipment, equipment purchased, and statistical
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires,
trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts
professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and
actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of
the department as established by department leadership.
- May participate in the development of departmental staffing,
revenue and/or expense budgets and having direct responsibility for
adhering to those goals. This includes responding to changes in the
business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget
- Provides and oversees patient care according to planned
interventions with regard to their age and developmental needs to
attain the patient's optimal level of wellness and documents
according to policy.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a collaborative plan of
care based on assessment, diagnosis and medical treatment.
- May support the review of staff hours worked vs scheduled hours
and determine appropriate disposition if variation exists. Perform
and approval daily payroll updated. Reconcile time cards, bonus
tracking and coding approval. Prepare, coordinate and execute all
staff communications; prepare huddle agendas and lead meeting.
Determine staffing needs; make nursing assignments as well as
assign overtime. Recommend effective annual increases. Interview
staff for open positions; evaluate and conduct performance reviews
as assigned; draft and issue corrective actions/coaching; follow up
regarding any disciplinary action to determine compliance.
- Responsible for the productivity and actions of that group
meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as
established by department leadership.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as AssignedMinimum Requirements
- 2-5 years of experience
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's Degree in Nursing
- RN License
- 5-10 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in NursingBenefits StatementNote: not all
benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health CenterLegal Statement
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, Belleville , Assistant Nurse Manager Surgery, Healthcare , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!