Registered Respiratory Therapist, RRT (Part-Time/Day, Weekend Option)
Company: Memorial Hospital Belleville and Memorial Hospital
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Employment Status: Part-Time
Memorial Hospital Belleville is a 222-bed, full-service hospital
serving southwest Illinois. Since 2008, it has been designated as a
Magnet---recognized organization for nursing excellence by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center. Memorial Hospital Shiloh, a
94-bed, all-private suite hospital was recognized with Magnet
status in 2018.
The Respiratory Care Department provides inpatients and outpatients
with high-quality therapeutic and testing services.
Provides direct patient care activities related to respiratory care
including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and
evaluation within the guidelines of the hospital and department.
Can independently apply advanced clinical respiratory expertise and
scientific knowledge including best practices serving as a resource
to others as part of the patient care team. Ensures care provided
is safe, effective, developmentally and age appropriate while
complying with all quality and regulatory requirements as well as
quality improvement initiatives.
- Effectively communicates by participating in the exchange of
information including documentation, handoff and works
collaboratively with the healthcare team.
- Provides education and training about respiratory treatments
and procedures to others including patients, families, students,
new employees and members of the healthcare team utilizing
diversity and learning styles.
- Holds self-accountable and seeks out opportunities for
continuous learning and feedback and is able to perform multiple
related duties, prioritizing and applying effective time
- Performs various diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory
procedures according to established standards, procedures,
guidelines and policies. Applies respiratory knowledge and clinical
expertise, including the ability to assess, analyze and
troubleshoot as needed.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical and critical thinking skills to
support additional job responsibilities such as ECMO support,
bronchoscopies, sleep lab, labor and delivery, cardiopulmonary
rehab, charge/team lead etc. as needed.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Assoc/CoARC Accredited Program
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Basic Cardiovascular Life Sup
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
Preferred Requirements And Additional Job Information
- Bachelor's DegreeBenefits Statement
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Memorial Hospital Belleville and Memorial Hospital, Belleville , Registered Respiratory Therapist, RRT (Part-Time/Day, Weekend Option), Healthcare , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!