Company: Belleville Long Term Care Facility
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Belleville Long Term Care Facility - Basic Function
To manage, communicate, supervise, plan and carry out activities
which meet the needs of all residents.
- Planning and implementation of individual and group
- Schedules events that promote physical, cognitive, social, and
- Activities provided during days, evenings, and
- Utilizes community resources within and outside of the
- Carries out activities part of care plan.
- Incorporates residents' interests into activities and
- Gives residents opportunities for choices and
- Identifies and provides adaptive devices for those with sensory
deficits (i.e., large-print books, tape recorders).
- Promotes self-esteem and social interaction with
- 1a. Identifies and provides activities for those with special
needs (i.e., depressed
- terminally ill, bedridden).
- Encourages participation and involvement of all
- Posts monthly and weekly schedules through out the
- Directs updates to the schedule and R. 0. boards.
- Prepares for and participates in resident care
- Completes and updates resident assessments in a timely
- Provides activities that relate to residents' interests before
they came to this facility.
- Provides opportunity for residents to learn new skills and
develop new interests.
- Maintains a clean work and storage area.
- Uses proper body mechanics
- Follows proper infection control practices.
- Observes for resident safety when in resident care
- Charts legibly, with standard grammar and spelling.
- Adheres to legal requirements and proper policies and
procedures in documentation.
- Coordinates religious services relevant to needs and varied
faiths of residents.
- Accompanies and assists clergy as needed.
- Prepares sites and materials for activities.
- Maintains equipment in safe and functional condition.
- Treats residents and staff with respect and dignity.
- Adheres to all facility and department safety policies and
- Provides consistent supervision of activity aides re: duties,
documentation and work habits.
- Gives clear and specific instructions to activity
- Provides timely evaluations and appropriate disciplinary
- Adjusts and schedules activity staff to accommodate resident
needs and code requirements.
- Possesses and applies knowledge of state/federal guidelines to
- Informs appropriate personnel of identified needs, changes and
- Stays within established budget guidelines.
- Participates in Q.A.A. as directed by Administrator.
- Identifies needed areas of staff development within dept.,
communicates with lnservice Director.
- Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to
questions/concerns regarding Activity Dept.
- Meets with dept. monthly and as needed to discuss changes and
- Contacts local newspaper regarding press releases.
- Directs the writing of facility newsletter.
- Recruits, orients, and supervises volunteers.
- Assesses needs regarding retention and recruitment of staff;
makes recommendations to Administrator.
- Recruits, interviews, and hires needed activity staff.
- Orients and instructs staff in policies and procedures of
facility and the Activity department.
Receives supervision from Administrator.
Provides supervision to staff and volunteers of the activity
- No convictions for abuse, neglect or mistreatment or for
misappropriation of property.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Has a bachelor's degree in recreation therapy and is eligible
for registration as a therapeutic recreation specialist with the
national therapeutic recreation society.
- Has 2 years experience in a social or recreational program
within the past 5 years, one year of which was full-time in a
patient activities program in a health care setting: or
- Is an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant
who meets the requirements for certification by the American
occupational therapy association.
- If not a qualified activity coordinator, must receive at least
a monthly consultation from a qualified activity coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills. and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and make simple calculations and follow
oral and written directions.
- Works in well lighted and noisy area.
- Subject to interruptions.
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and
federal agency personnel and residents.
- Occasionally subject to hostile, emotionally upset
- Provided with necessary protective equipment and
- Frequent change between hot and cold work areas.
Keywords: Belleville Long Term Care Facility, Belleville , Activity Director, Executive , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!