Network Operations Engineer
Posted on: February 5, 2019
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer at Scott AFB, IL.
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program with provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
* Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment. * Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications. * Perform various complex software development tasks.
* Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current customer capabilities. * Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes. * Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects. * Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: * Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 4 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
* Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security. * Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
* Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
* Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
* Experience with ports and protocols. * Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
* Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
* Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup confits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
* IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
* MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
GSMO External Referral Eligible Department: Information Technology/MIS - provided by Dice CCNA, Change Management, Cisco, Development, Hardware, iOS, Management, Networks, Protocols, Research, Routers, Security
Keywords: Leidos, Belleville , Network Operations Engineer, Engineering , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!