Business Office Manager
Company: BRIA of Belleville
Posted on: November 13, 2022
BRIA of Belleville - Job Summary
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the
day-to-day accounting functions of the facility in accordance with
current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles
relating to nursing facility operations, and as may be directed by
the Administrator, AR Manager, or Accountant.
As -BOM/Assistant BOM, -you are delegated the administrative
authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for
carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.
Business Office Responsibilities
- Ensure that Public Aid applications are completed and submitted
via ABE within 7 days of admission by coordinating with Admissions
Department and family.
- Utilize Medicaid Pending Checklist.
- Ensure OBRA screens are obtained upon admission. Request from
screening agency if hospital doesn't send. If hospital has not
completed screen or if resident admits from home without a screen
request for screening agency to come and complete screening. Ensure
that screener or post screener is completed within 1 week. Track
screeners on Admission Audit Spreadsheet. Submit screen with admit
pack. Notify Administrator and corporate office of any issues with
obtaining or completing screens by specific agencies so that a
complaint with the state can be filed.
- Submit admit packs on all new admissions within 24 hours.
Resubmit admit pack referencing original TAN# if screener is
obtained after admit pack has been sent.
- Maintain financial files on all residents and ensure all
documentation is completed as necessary and uploaded in
- Enroll Medicaid and Medicaid Pending residents in direct
deposit for all income types through RFMS upon admission.
- Log into RFMS daily to run Direct Deposit Status report, verify
resident statuses are accurate.
- Compete daily deposits, process any credit card payments and
submit to corporate biller for posting.
- Apply representative payee for social security and/or change of
- Verify responsible party in PCC has a complete address and
phone number for statements and collection calls upon
- Assign residents into a billing category: Mail statements or Do
Not Mail statements upon admission.
- Complete Admissions Audit Spreadsheet daily.
- Act as a liaison between Corporate Office and family members
for all billing related questions.
- Update Corporate Office on all Public Aid changes including
admissions, discharges, payer changes, and income changes.
- Upload all changes and supporting documentation to PCC resident
profile Misc Tab under Financial/Business Office category.
- Notify corporate biller of any new documentation added by
emailing resident PCC# (not resident name) and the type of document
uploaded to the corporate bookkeeper, cc Lynn Randall.
- Notify corporate bookkeeper, facility administrator, Medicare
specialist, Lynn Randall and Select Rehab of any Medicare
- Follow Medicare Denial ADR process.
- Rerun Medicare and all skilled eligibility weekly and rerun
eligibility for therapy caseload the 1st day of the month. Run and
print all Medicaid (MEDI), Medicaid Pending and Medicaid
Eligibilities monthly (with the first 5 days of the month). In all
instances notify corporate biller of any changes and make changes
in PCC. Upload all MEDI, Medicaid pending and Medicaid
eligibilities in PCC under misc. documents.
- Obtain all continuing authorizations for the skilled residents
by the due date and record the authorization number in
- Complete all therapy verifications as requested by rerunning
all eligibilities to ensure accurate information is given.
- Apply for BCBS secondary insurance for all long-term care
residents with sufficient income and no secondary insurance policy
- Make weekly collection calls to families for private pay,
resident liabilities and any other outstanding accounts. Check
dashboard daily for collection call updates needed.
- Utilize AR aging report in PCC (PCCReportsAR Aging
- Make notes in the resident file under Collections Tab to track
- Discuss progress of collection calls on a weekly call with
- Notify facility administrator of any issues or IVDs that need
to be issued.
- Make monthly collection calls to insurance companies, as guided
by the corporate office.
- Complete Medicaid Redetermination forms with all required
supporting documentation -immediately -upon receipt. Upload into
PCC under misc. documents.
- Complete Social Security Representative Payee report
-immediately -upon receipt. Upload into PCC under misc.
- Attend Medicare Meetings to verify days remaining, report
secondary insurances, discuss long term resident plans, etc. Attend
- On the 1st of each month verify accuracy of Monthly Detailed
Census in PCC and fax to Lab, Pharmacy, Xray Companies.
- Submit invoices to Administrator for approval and submit to
corporate office for processing.
- Submit refund requests to corporate biller for approval and
- On the 1st of the month review RFMS reconciliation report;
- On the 1st of the month check in with facility attorney on the
status of accounts and IVDs
- Weekly before Medicare Meeting re-run Medicare Verification for
all Medicare and skilled residents on current caseload. Report any
changes and document changes in PCC.
- On the 1st of each month review Select Rehab therapy bill and
verify services billed match services provided.
- Once a year, submit income changes to corporate office for all
Social Security income changes. (typically notifications arrive
between December and February)
- Once a year apply for BCBS secondary policies for all residents
ages 65 and under residents. Applications must be submitted by
December 6th. BCBS will notify the facility when open enrollment
Keywords: BRIA of Belleville, Belleville , Business Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Belleville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!